In this issue of Culture Scholar’s Bencasso Blog
- Miles Davis as an Innovator, and the causes he fought for
- Manufacturing Demand in the Arts
- Playing classical music on the streets: What you need to know if you’re considering busking.
- Curb Your Embarrassment: What you can do about the first lame works you publish as an artist, writer, musician, or content creator
Busking Playing Classical Music on the Streets: What You Need to Know Before…..
Playing classical music on the streets: What you need tso know if you’re considering busking.
“Busking, or playing music on the streets for tips, can be a fun and rewarding way to share your music with others. However, there are also risks and challenges associated with busking.”Benjamin “Bencasso” Barnes Author and Civil Rights Advocate
Busking, or playing music on the streets for tips, can be a fun and rewarding way to share your music with others. However, there are also risks and challenges associated with busking.
Some of the risks of busking include:
- Being asked to leave by law enforcement or property owners
- Theft or damage to your instruments or equipment
- Exposure to harsh weather conditions
- Lack of a guaranteed income
Despite these risks, many musicians still choose to busk because of the unique challenges and benefits it provides. Some of the challenges of busking include:
- Having to constantly adapt to new environments and audiences
- Dealing with distractions and interruptions
- Overcoming stage fright and building confidence
- Improvising and playing without sheet music or a set list
But, busking can also provide numerous rewards and benefits such as:
- Exposure and recognition for your music
- Building a fan base and growing your network
- Making money while doing what you love
- Improving your skills as a performer
If you’re interested in busking, it’s important to consider the risks and challenges, but also the potential rewards. One way to enhance your busking experience is by using Tomplay, a digital sheet music platform that provides high-quality sheet music, accompaniments, and practice tools. With Tomplay, you can easily access a wide range of classical music and improve your skills as a musician while you busk.
Additionally, if you’re looking for a reliable and trusted platform to access Tomplay, you can use this affiliate link: https://www.culturescholar.org/go/tomplay. Using this link will not only provide you with a seamless user experience but also support the work of CultureScholar, an organization dedicated to promoting music education and cultural exchange. So, whether you’re a seasoned musician or just starting out, consider busking with Tomplay and enjoy the rewards of sharing your music with the world.Regenerate response
However, with the right approach, street performance can be a wonderful way to share your love of classical music with the public. By following the tips outlined in this article and using backing tracks from Tomplay, you can ensure that your street performance is a success. And with the promo code BENJAMIN30, you can get a 30% discount on a Tomplay Premium subscription by using this discount link: https://www.culturescholar.org/go/tomplay
Busking is a rewarding yet challenging experience that can bring many very skilled musicians to a place in their career which stagnates and keeps the musician from true artistic growth. In my experience, many professional classical musicians refuse to play music with me. They do not want to be associated with people who don’t “respect” themselves, many times unaware that those musicians are in desperate financial need. Other issues which I have encountered playing on the streets include theft of instruments and money, noisy crowded streets, times when there is no interest in the music I am playing, wind and debris on sidewalks, intimidation by homeless persons, and the need to repeat popular songs many times to reach tipping goals required to meet budgets and pay bills.
Thank you for letting me share my insights and experiences on the challenges of street performance. It’s important for musicians to consider these factors and make an informed decision before pursuing street performance as a revenue stream. It’s also important for the public to understand and respect the hard work and dedication of street performers. With the right approach, street performance can be a wonderful way to connect with audiences and share the beauty of classical music.
Manufacturing Demand in the Arts: How Artists Create Impact and Influence Society: 10 Best Tips and Best Practices on Those Tips!
“Being an artist is not just about creating something beautiful or thought-provoking”Benjamin “Bencasso” Barnes Author, Creator, Artist, Musician, Actor, Street Musicician “Bencasso Media” reality show on YouTube
Being an artist is not just about creating something beautiful or thought-provoking; it’s about sharing your vision with the world and making an impact on society. However, in order to achieve this, you need to have an audience that will appreciate and support your work. This is where manufacturing demand comes in. It’s about creating a buzz around your creations, building a loyal following, and ultimately growing your business. In this article, we will delve into the top 10 things you can do to manufacture demand for your art. From defining your target audience to creating engaging content, we will provide you with practical tips and ideas to help you build your audience and grow your business. So, whether you’re a seasoned artist looking to expand your reach or a newcomer to the art world, this article is for you. Let’s get started on your journey to building a strong brand, reaching new audiences, and making an impact with your art. Here are the first ten things artists need to do when manufacturing demand and growing their audience:
- Define your target audience: Who are the people you want to reach with your work? What are their demographics, interests, and behaviors? Understanding your audience will help you tailor your message and approach to resonate with them.
- Develop a strong brand: Your brand should communicate who you are as an artist, what you stand for, and what makes you unique. This includes your visual identity, messaging, and tone of voice.
- Use social media: Social media is a powerful tool for promoting your work and building an audience. Use platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to showcase your creations and engage with your followers.
- Collaborate with others: Collaborating with other artists, influencers, or brands can help you reach new audiences and expand your network.
- Offer value: Your audience will be more likely to engage with you and support your work if you offer them value. This could be in the form of free resources, exclusive content, or discounts.
- Attend events and exhibitions: Attend relevant events and exhibitions to showcase your work and network with other artists and industry professionals.
- Build an email list: Email marketing is still an effective way to reach your audience and keep them engaged. Offer a free download or exclusive content in exchange for their email address.
- Seek out press coverage: Pitch your work to relevant publications or journalists to get press coverage and reach a wider audience.
- Create engaging content: Use storytelling and compelling visuals to create content that resonates with your audience and encourages them to share it with others.
- Stay consistent: Building an audience takes time and effort. Stay consistent with your messaging, branding, and content to build trust and credibility with your audience.
As a creator, it can be challenging to manufacture demand for your products and grow your audience. However, with the right strategies and practices, you can create a significant impact on society and make a decent living doing what you love. Now, we will explore the top ten ways to manufacture demand, the best practices for creating impact, and how to make the planet a better place for everyone.
10 Best Ways to Create Impact:
- Storytelling: Storytelling is a powerful way to create impact on society. It helps people relate to your message and connect with your brand. Best practices for storytelling include creating a compelling narrative, using emotional appeal, and keeping your message concise.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media platforms offer a vast audience for creators to reach out to. Best practices for social media marketing include consistency, creating shareable content, using hashtags, and engaging with your followers.
- Influencer Marketing: Partnering with influencers can help you reach a broader audience and increase your brand’s credibility. Best practices for influencer marketing include choosing the right influencers, setting clear expectations, and creating a win-win situation for both parties.
- Content Marketing: Creating valuable content can help you establish your authority in your niche and attract a loyal audience. Best practices for content marketing include focusing on quality over quantity, using search engine optimization (SEO), and repurposing your content.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is a direct way to reach out to your audience and promote your products or services. Best practices for email marketing include segmenting your list, personalizing your messages, and using persuasive copywriting.
- Events and Webinars: Hosting events and webinars can help you build relationships with your audience and create a sense of community around your brand. Best practices for events and webinars include choosing a relevant topic, providing value, and promoting your event effectively.
- Public Relations: Public relations can help you get media coverage and increase your brand’s visibility. Best practices for public relations include building relationships with journalists, creating a compelling story, and being proactive.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing allows you to partner with other businesses and earn a commission for promoting their products or services. Best practices for affiliate marketing include choosing relevant products, disclosing your affiliate relationship, and being honest with your audience.
- Referral Marketing: Referral marketing involves incentivizing your current customers to refer new customers to your business. Best practices for referral marketing include offering a valuable incentive, making it easy to refer, and tracking your results.
- Customer Experience: Providing an exceptional customer experience can help you retain customers and turn them into brand advocates. Best practices for customer experience include listening to feedback, personalizing your interactions, and going above and beyond expectations.
Best Practices for Each of the 10 Ways to Create Impact:
- Create a clear message and a strong call-to-action
- Use visual aids to enhance your story
- Keep it short and sweet
Social Media Marketing:
- Use high-quality visuals and graphics
- Be consistent in your posting schedule
- Engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages
- Choose influencers who align with your brand values
- Clearly outline the terms of the partnership
- Monitor the results and adjust accordingly
- Create content that provides value to your audience
- Optimize your content for search engines
- Repurpose your content across different platforms
Email Marketing: Bencasso Blog uses AWeber email marketing
- Segment your email list to target specific groups
- Personalize your messages using their name and interests
- Use clear and concise copywriting
Events and Webinars:
- Choose a relevant and interesting topic
- Provide value to your attendees by
- Build a community: A loyal community can be a powerful force in helping to manufacture demand for your products. By creating a community around your brand or product, you can leverage their enthusiasm to help spread the word and generate buzz. Use social media to connect with your audience and build a following. Host events or contests that engage your community and incentivize them to share and promote your brand.
- Create scarcity: People tend to want what they can’t have. By creating a sense of scarcity around your products, you can increase their perceived value and create demand. This can be done through limited edition releases, exclusive deals or discounts, or creating a sense of urgency with time-limited offers.
- Leverage influencers: Influencer marketing has become a popular way to generate demand and reach new audiences. By partnering with influencers who have large followings in your niche, you can tap into their audience and gain exposure for your products. Just be sure to choose influencers who align with your brand values and have an engaged audience.
- Use paid advertising: Paid advertising can be a powerful tool in manufacturing demand for your products. By targeting your ideal customer with ads on social media, search engines, or other platforms, you can increase visibility and drive traffic to your website or landing pages. Just be sure to track your results and adjust your strategy as needed to maximize your ROI.
- Continuously innovate: To stay ahead of the competition and keep demand high, it’s important to continuously innovate and improve your products. Listen to customer feedback and make changes accordingly. Experiment with new features, designs, or marketing strategies to keep your brand fresh and exciting.
Best practices for creating impact and making a decent living doing these steps:
- Define your mission and values: Clearly define your mission and values to ensure that your products align with your goals and beliefs. This will help you attract customers who share your values and build a loyal community around your brand.
- Understand your target audience: Take the time to understand your target audience and their needs. This will help you create products that resonate with them and develop effective marketing strategies that speak to their interests and pain points.
- Create a compelling brand story: A compelling brand story can help differentiate your products and create an emotional connection with your audience. Use storytelling to communicate your mission and values, and show how your products can help solve real-world problems.
- Build a strong online presence: In today’s digital age, having a strong online presence is essential. Use social media, email marketing, and other digital marketing strategies to connect with your audience and build a following.
- Foster a sense of community: Building a sense of community around your brand can help create loyal customers who will advocate for your products and help spread the word. Use social media and other channels to engage with your audience and foster a sense of belonging.
- Focus on quality: Quality products are essential for creating a positive reputation and driving demand. Invest in quality materials and production processes to create products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Experiment with new ideas: Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment with different strategies. This can help keep your brand fresh and exciting, and keep your audience engaged.
- Continuously evaluate and adapt: Monitor your results and continuously evaluate and adapt your strategies to optimize your impact and achieve your goals.
- Stay true to your values: Always stay true to your mission and values, even if it means making difficult decisions or turning down opportunities that don’t align with your brand.
- Take care of yourself: Building a successful brand and manufacturing demand can be a challenging and demanding process. Take care of yourself by prioritizing self-care and work-life balance, and surrounding yourself with a supportive network of friends and family.
Manufacturing demand for your products
- Collaborate with Others
Collaborating with others can help you reach a wider audience and expose your work to new people. Collaborations can also bring fresh ideas and perspectives to your work, and allow you to learn from others. Look for opportunities to collaborate with other artists, musicians, writers, or creators in your field or in complementary fields.
- Choose collaborators whose work complements or enhances your own.
- Clearly define the goals and expectations of the collaboration.
- Communicate regularly and openly with your collaborators.
- Share credit and recognize each other’s contributions.
- Use the collaboration as an opportunity to learn and grow.
Give Back! Giving back to your community or supporting a cause can help you create impact and build a positive reputation. Consider volunteering your time or resources to a local charity or organization, or using your work to raise awareness or funds for a cause you believe in.
- Choose a cause that aligns with your values and interests.
- Research the charity or organization to ensure they are legitimate and effective.
- Use your platform to raise awareness and funds for the cause.
- Encourage your audience to get involved and take action.
- Follow through on your commitments and make a meaningful impact.
In conclusion, there are many ways for artists, writers, musicians, dancers, and creators to create impact and manufacture demand for their products. By focusing on creating high-quality work, building a strong brand, engaging with your audience, and collaborating with others, you can grow your audience and create a positive reputation. By giving back to your community and supporting causes you believe in, you can also make a meaningful impact on society and the world. By following the best practices outlined for each of the ten ways to create impact, you can make the most of your efforts and achieve your goals. With dedication, hard work, and a commitment to your craft, you can create impact and succeed as a creator.
Miles Davis as an Innovator, and the Causes he Fought for with his Music: If Creators Follow his Lead they will Succeed
“Throughout his career, Davis was known for his willingness to experiment with new sounds and styles. “Benjamin “Bencasso” Barnes Educator
Miles Davis was one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, and his impact on jazz music continues to be felt today. He was a master of improvisation and a pioneer of several different jazz styles, including cool jazz, bebop, modal jazz, and jazz-rock fusion. In addition to his musical innovations, Davis was also a vocal advocate for civil rights and social justice, using his music as a platform to express his political views.
In the late 1940s, Davis became a prominent figure in the cool jazz movement, which emphasized a more relaxed and understated approach to jazz than the bebop style that had dominated in the preceding years. Cool jazz was characterized by a lighter, more delicate sound that incorporated elements of classical music and featured slower tempos, smoother melodies, and fewer chord changes. Davis’s 1949 album “Birth of the Cool” is considered a seminal work in the cool jazz genre, featuring innovative arrangements and compositions that would go on to influence many other musicians.
Before becoming a leading figure in the cool jazz movement, Davis had made his name as a virtuoso bebop trumpeter. Bebop was a style of jazz that emerged in the 1940s and was characterized by fast tempos, complex harmonies, and intricate melodies. Davis was a member of several prominent bebop ensembles, including those led by Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie. He was known for his technical virtuosity and his ability to improvise in the bebop style.
In the late 1950s and early 1960s, Davis pioneered the modal jazz style, which emphasized improvisation over chord progressions. Modal jazz was characterized by a more open and free-flowing approach to improvisation, with the focus shifting away from chord changes and towards the use of scales and modes. Davis’s landmark 1959 album “Kind of Blue” is widely regarded as one of the most important and influential jazz albums of all time and is considered a masterpiece of modal jazz.
In the late 1960s and early 1970s, Davis turned his attention to jazz-rock fusion, combining elements of rock and roll with his jazz sensibilities. Davis’s 1970 album “Bitches Brew” is considered a landmark work in the fusion genre, featuring an experimental and innovative approach to improvisation and composition. The album’s use of electric instruments and unconventional structures was controversial at the time but has since been recognized as a groundbreaking and influential work.
Marketing and Innovation:
Throughout his career, Davis was known for his willingness to experiment with new sounds and styles. He was always looking for new ways to push the boundaries of jazz and to challenge himself and his listeners. He was also a master of marketing and promotion, always looking for ways to build demand for his music. He was known for his impeccable sense of style and his ability to cultivate an air of mystery and intrigue around himself and his music.
Civil Rights and Social Justice:
In addition to his musical innovations, Davis was also a vocal advocate for civil rights and social justice. He was a prominent supporter of the civil rights movement and used his music as a platform to express his political views. He was often outspoken about the racism and inequality that he saw in American society and was not afraid to use his platform to speak out against these injustices. He was also known for his support of black musicians and his efforts to elevate their voices and give them greater visibility in the music industry.
In conclusion, Miles Davis was a true innovator and a towering figure in the world of jazz music. His contributions to the development of several different jazz styles, including cool jazz, bebop, modal jazz, and jazz-rockafusion, have had a lasting impact on the genre and on music as a whole. His willingness to experiment with new sounds and styles, as well as his marketing savvy, helped him to build a devoted fanbase and to sell millions of records over the course of his career. But perhaps equally important was Davis’s commitment to using his music as a platform for social justice and political activism. He was unafraid to speak out against racism and inequality, and he used his platform to elevate the voices of other black musicians and to push for greater diversity and representation in the music industry.
In many ways, Davis’s innovations in music and his activism were intertwined. He saw his music as a way to express his political views and to push for social change. And he believed that the best way to create demand for his music was to continue to push the boundaries of what was possible and to innovate in new and exciting ways.
In the end, Miles Davis’s legacy is one of innovation, creativity, and social activism. His impact on jazz music and on the wider culture continues to be felt today, and his music remains as fresh and relevant as ever.Regenerate response
Curb Your Embarrassment: What to do With the First Lame Works you Published
“Embrace your early works: Instead of feeling embarrassed”Benjamin “Bencasso”l Barnes Mental health advocate
As an artist, writer, musician, or content creator, it’s not uncommon to feel embarrassed by your early works. However, it’s important to remember that these works were an essential part of your creative journey, and without them, you may not have developed the skills or experience necessary to create the work you’re proud of today. Here are some tips for dealing with your early works:
- Embrace your early works: Instead of feeling embarrassed by your early works, try to embrace them as a part of your creative journey. Recognize that they were an important stepping stone on the path to where you are now, and that without them, you may not have developed the skills and experience necessary to create the work you’re proud of today.
- Reframe your perspective: Rather than focusing on the flaws in your early works, try to look at them as a learning experience. What did you learn from creating these works? What mistakes did you make, and how can you avoid them in the future? By reframing your perspective, you can turn what might seem like a negative experience into a positive one.
- Keep your early works in perspective: It’s important to remember that everyone starts somewhere, and no one creates their best work right out of the gate. Keep your early works in perspective and recognize that they were a necessary part of your growth as a creator.
- Use your early works as a source of inspiration: If you’re feeling stuck or uninspired, try looking back at your early works for inspiration. What ideas or themes did you explore in these works? Are there any elements that you can incorporate into your current work to give it a fresh perspective?
- Practice self-compassion: It’s easy to be hard on ourselves, especially when it comes to our creative endeavors. But remember that it’s okay to make mistakes and to create work that doesn’t quite live up to our expectations. Practice self-compassion and remind yourself that you’re constantly growing and learning as a creator.
In summary, it’s natural to feel embarrassed by your early works as a creator, but it’s important to embrace them as a part of your creative journey. Reframe your perspective, keep your early works in perspective, use them as a source of inspiration, and practice self-compassion to help you move past any feelings of embarrassment and continue to create with confidence.
<blockquote class="reddit-embed-bq" data-embed-height="42"> <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/100yearsago/comments/11cy5ki/celebrating_beethovens_legacy_through_digital_art/?ref_source=embed&ref=share">Celebrating Beethoven's Legacy Through Digital Art. San Francisco Street Musician Bencasso in performances of Beethoven mixed from three locations. Potrero Hill, 9th Ave, Ashland Or. I am going to film myself playing Beethoven in all 50 states to go with my collection Beethoven in all 50 States</a><br> by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Mysterious_Cow4160">u/Mysterious_Cow4160</a> in <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/100yearsago/">100yearsago</a> </blockquote><script async="" src="https://embed.reddit.com/widgets.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>neeww
About the Author Benjamin “Bencasso” Barnes
Celebrating Beethoven’s Legacy Through Digital Art. San Francisco Street Musician Bencasso in performances of Beethoven mixed from three locations. Potrero Hill, 9th Ave, Ashland Or. I am going to film myself playing Beethoven in all 50 states to go with my collection Beethoven in all 50 States
by in CultureScholar
Apart from music, Ben is also a skilled painter and digital artist, with an arts organization and gallery at bencasso.org. As an entrepreneur, he has owned several businesses, including record production companies, and created multiple websites such as BenjaminBarnes.com for music and video, and culturescholar.org, a blog for culture, and online tools for creators and educators. Despite facing adversity throughout his life, Benjamin has persevered and achieved remarkable success. He is a survivor of a suicide attempt and has learned to manage his bipolar disorder while overcoming traumatic childhood experiences. He has also recovered from catastrophic injuries and a traumatic brain injury, all while consulting for the US Department of Education and teaching kindergarten, third, and fifth grades.
Benjamin’s love for education and advocating for the civil rights of those with mental illness is evident in his degrees in music from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music and his multiple subjects teaching credential from the state. Benjamin is a talented lyricist, poet, and novelist, with his work often incorporating political satire and social commentary. He has also written and created art with a positive, hopeful light, providing hope to audiences that they can work through their challenges with health and finance. In 2020, Benjamin was the subject of a movie about street musicians, which premiered in 2021. Despite all his achievements, Benjamin remains grounded in his faith and credits the love of Jesus Christ for helping him through his most challenging times. His message of hope and positivity has inspired audiences worldwide, and he has become a sought-after motivational speaker. In conclusion, Benjamin Barnes is an extraordinary individual who has achieved remarkable success in various fields. He is a talented musician, artist, entrepreneur, educator, and motivational speaker, overcoming significant obstacles to attain his goals. His resilience and message of hope inspire audiences to believe in themselves and their abilities to overcome any obstacle they may face.
Article by Anonymous, Artist PR